Gel Horse Wormer & Boticide.
Equest plus Tape prevents significant re-occurrence of parasite eggs in the faeces of treated horses for up to 16 weeks.
A broad spectrum effective horse wormer and bot treatment, including tapeworm and the damaging encysted small strongyles.
Active constituents: Moxidectin 20mg/mL and praziquantel 125mg/mL in a low volume gel
Benzyl Alcohol 220 mg/mL
Contents: 11.8g Syringe
For the treatment and control of tapeworm, roundworms, adult and late encysted stages of small strongyles (redworms), and bots in horses and ponies with a single dose
. FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Lasts longer than other wormers available in NZ
• Prevents significant reoccurrence of parasite eggs in the faeces of treated horses for up to 16 weeks
• Low volume gel is rapidly absorbed and easily administered • Highly effective against significant parasite threats, including roundworms, tapeworms and bots
• Treats and controls encysted small strongyles (cyathostomes), the major parasite of concern in adult horses
• Treats and controls ascarids (Parascaris equorum) which remain the most important parasite infecting foals and weanlings
• Shown to reduce faecal egg counts by 99.9% in a single dose, while a five-day, double-dose regimen of fenbendazole was only 42% effective
• When used as directed, Equest Plus Tape is safe in foals over 4 weeks of age and in all breeding stock, including stallions and pregnant mares
• Do not administer the full syringe to horses under 400kg ADMINISTRATION Administer orally (into the mouth) at a dose rate of 0.4mg/kg moxidectin and 2.5mg/kg praziquantel.
Supplied in a ready to use syringe, calibrated according to the body weight of the horse to be treated.
One syringe is sufficient to treat a horse weighing 575 kg. For a heavy horse (weight exceeding 575 kg) it will be necessary to apply more than one syringe. For instance a 725 kg horse would require 1¼ syringes to treat. To accurately determine the amount to administer with the second syringe, subtract 575 from the horse’s weight and set the plunger accordingly. For a 725 kg horse, set the plunger on the second syringe to 150 kg (725 kg – 575 kg).